Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, June 10, 2006

So technically I didn’t post yesterday, that is on 6/9 but since I haven’t been to bed yet despite the fact that it may be today, as the clock sees it…in my mind it is still yesterday…Saturday is still tomorrow as I see it because I haven’t gone to bed for Friday yet…

Today’s work was today’s work…too much math relative problems (I love math but just too rich a field today)…too much seat time on the forklift…(on one hand I love driving “lift” on the other hand the stiff suspension transmits way too much shock up the old trollie’s spine)

Take out for dinner…a little tube…current “Charmed” rerun episode on TnT…they have returned to the beginning…saw the last episode of the series on Thursday…I loved what amounted to the last 3 seasons…which is about the point I started watching the reruns…if I had caught the beginning I may never had gotten “hooked”…Rose who played the replacement for Prue is a babe…Shannon who played Prue is in a despite need for acting lessons…

Dad is in the hospital again…about the upteenth time he has had cellulites…and the second time he’s been in the hospital for it…but then he will be 91 in July so I guess that an occasional hospital stay is assumed…was admitted Tuesday but with one thing and another never got up to see him until tonight…he is recovering very well…thank you very much and may not have much rehab…

Was in excellent spirits tonight…and as I left the brother arrived so he had extended company tonight…

We live in a military community…Fort Drum which hosts the 10th Mountain Division is just a few miles out of town…it’s neat to see the reaction between the current members of that “elite” light infantry division and my 90+ year old dad…who was a 2nd Lieutenant in the infantry during WW II…I am awed by the respect and dad deserves it…

I really had a problem with my “hard arse” dad growing up…I could never quite understand how some one who had lived that long was so out of touch and just didn’t get it…remarkably between the ages of say 18 and 30 (my age as it turns out) all of a sudden dad got brilliant…as I got older (notice I didn’t say more mature…at 58 I think in many ways I still am a child of 12 or 13) …I came to the conclusion that while I will never totally agree with his way of viewing the world…life and what’s best for me…he really did have a handle on life, the world and did what the best for me…in his opinion…’twas never mine but he did do what he thought was best…and I can’t fault him for that…

The cats have been rotating, taking turns on my lap tonight…whether watching tube or on the ‘puter…I love my cats…they on the other hand only tolerate me…I have an opposable thumb…I open tuna cans…pour their milk and water, and open the very expensive “yuppie” cat food they love…because one of the furry little rascals has a tendency for urinal tract infection, I feed a top of the line almost $30 USD per 25 lbs. bag cat food which is designed to prevent and demises that problem…also a mid priced food particularly for indoor cats…I swear they eat better then I do…

(Trollie’ s cats try to pull him away from the keyboard, as he is on his way to writing the great American novel again not that they really care about very poor prose, but that they fear that if he continues he may forget to check their food, water and milk…and may never pet them again)…

I need to check into to work tomorrow…should be a quick in and out…must stop at a nursery and pick up a couple of annuals to fill the pots that sit on opposite sides of my front steps…the dianthus that I planted last year in the pots over the rather mild winter re-seeded and I have just a few holes to fill…need to stop up and see dad tomorrow…planning a late afternoon visit…dad is one of my students in Christian ED at church…may take the Bible up with me and catch him up on class is as he has missed a couple of weeks…he mentioned that tonight that I should have done that for him…he’s had physical issues that have kept him from church for the last 2 or 3 week…other then the current problem…

Will do what few groceries I need after work…grass needs mowing…yard chores need doing…and I need to spend some time…just being me…

I have committed to play a golf outing next weekend…and as I have not even had a golf club in my hand for over a year…I need to find a driving range this weekend…so I don’t make a total arse of myself next weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment