Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This has been a difficult 4 days in many ways…I was awoke about 12:30 AM Friday last with a call from my sister…Dad had passed on…I am now the oldest surviving male of my family line…rats…to add insult to injury while doing errands on Friday the check engine light came on in my car…as I took Friday off from work…needed to get together with the sibs to plan the formality of dad’s passing…and the emotion conditions that said passing caused…the first available slot for the car was 3 PM today…and the funeral and internment was at 10 AM today…followed by a family meal…it split my focus…the car problem turned out to be basically nothing, some covered under ware tee but it was a distraction to everything else…I would have really freaked out but as I sat there for the afternoon calling hours…almost the first 4 people who walked through the door where my best friend on this rotten earth and 3 other of the guys from work…and then I was okay…I will eulogize my dad at some point in this blog…he deserves it…but not now…I do not want to do it with the fared emotions, the state I am now in, I need to do that when logic returns…

No comments:

Post a Comment