Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

 *[16:50 UTC-4]*[+79*F("feels like:"+85*F)_fair_winds from the w/s/w@14 mph_humidity:725_barometer:29.98"\/_overnight Lo:+64*F_partly cloud>cloudy_a stray rain/T-storm possible_winds from the southwest@10<20_humidity:85%_Thursday's Hi:+77*F_cloudy w/rain from 09:00 & 11:00_chance of rain 30%_winds from the west@5>10 mph_humidity:73%_overnight Lo:60*F_cloudy<rain from 21:00 thru most of Friday_chance of rain 60%_winds light&variably_humidity:88%]*
   I'm sitting here just after 17:00..an interesting day..overslept a tad..checked my FB groups & never logged on for my morning session of poker until nearly 05:00..wasn't going too well or too badly..just a so-so session..I had just turned a set of Fives when the game froze or at least what I thought..check the little pie shape indicator..which "said" I was online..anyways when I mention last night about possible power/wifi disruptions because of the weather I should have "knocked wood" harder..apparently the hotel had lost their connection..so decide..will watch some TV & check back later..it was just after 05:00 & didn't what to "pester" the staff..but knew they'd be in the lobby around 06:00 setting up breakfast..turned the TV on..yup..no signal..oy vey..got out my Larson book of panels out & flipped thru that for about a half hour..tried again and both TV & wifi were backup..decided not to bother with playing anymore poker & just got into my sim&solitaire play..was done with all but my play on "Just Solitaire" by just past noon..had a sandwich..took a quick run to Aldi..just needed a few things & on the way back took a quick detour & stopped at the bank to pickup  my "10 day walking around money"..& a chat with the bank manager..nice lady..back to my rooms & was past 16:00 before I'd completed play & started the draft to "Trollie's Game Room"..but my day's activities are all wrapped up save for my daily shower & taking of my meds..my evening meal & last  look-ins on my FB groups..after reading the discussion on the mod/admin message group for "The Farthest Side"..I believe there is a growing consensus towards taking the group "private". .with the recent changes regarding "public" groups on FB..it's just a bad situation..../anyways the end of day is upon me..ergo.."nite all"....[17:26 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment