Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

[16:18 UTC-4]
[+73*F_cloudy_winds:n/n/e@15 mph_humidity:66%_barometer:29.85"\/_Overnight:Lo:+60*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[a Hornblower episode:"Duty"]:]....
   It's been a damp and  dreary day here in the Northcountry of NYS and a very stiff breeze most of the day..now when planning today as I often do the night before I had no plans to walk today anyways..and that with the weather and the fact that my right knee was bothering me a little but once  I got up and got on line while playing my usual group of games my right elbow started joining in with the knee..I have had problems with my elbow in the past..the distant past...the summer before she entered the 9th grade my daughter the music geek decided she wanted to try out for the girls Tennis Team..had tried volleyball in junior high..but was more comfortable in an individual sport..had tried golf..[both her mother & I played and had season passes to a local public course]..but she decided it wasn't for her..so we bought rackets for both of us and played several times a week during that summer and by fall she was good enough to make the team..playing doubles and for the last two matches 3rd singles..but in the process I started having trouble with my elbow..but as a serious golfer..well in number of rounds played if not necessarily in ability..I was a  low-80s/high-70s player so whether my problem was Tennis Elbow or Golfer's Elbow I'm not completely certain..but probably a little of both..but got a brace that allowed me to keep playing both sports..now I did say that was the distant past..my daughter was 14 years old that summer..she'll be 43 this year just after Christmas..but haven'y played either in many years and only had issues with it for  a couple of years..but I do sleep on my side and alternate between the right and left so might have gotten it in an awkward position or it may just its' turn today to remind me of the damage I've do to my body over the years..my joints seem to take turns doing that..and the older I get..their complaining become more frequent and a bit "louder"..To be honest..although looking back at my life there are a thing or two if given the chance I might do or not do..but playing sport like a crazed idiot..is not one I would chance..I enjoyed sport way too much..but the time has come for me to think about the end of the day and my night's rest and still things to do [MadTrollie can be seen scratching off "post to blog" off his list]..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment