Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 7, 2020

[17:50 UTC-4]
[+66*F_partly cloudy_winds:west@12_humidity:51%_barometer:29.99"\/_Tonight's Lo:48*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   Sometimes things happen that you never expected..was online this afternoon and I had messenger open and was messaging to one of the other mods when I got alert from an incoming message from someone I haven't see in well 49 years..a guy D from Iowa who was a couple years behind me in college..and I had run track and cross-country with him..when I opened the message I noticed that he showed K as a mutual friend..now I had gone to the same church growing that K's family attended, went to the small boy's group..K was about three years younger and also a teammate on the college track and cross-country teams..so knew this had to be my friend from so long ago..apparently D had seen a post of my..however the group name was garbled so not sure where..but I had a short chat and friended him of FB..apparently he passes thru the area up here and hopefully we can arrange to get together and catch up..49 years worth..might take awhile....
   It was still in the upper 50s this morning when just before 11:00 I decided to take a walk..first to Big Lots..they carry a brand of bean dip which I am quite fond of..and a box of Andes mints..which I am also quite fond of..had a short chat with Hannah one of the clerks..nice lady..who I haven't seen in quite awhile..with the restriction for CV-19 and the fact that Big Lots no longer has the 10% senior discount on Tuesday just haven't been in as regularly as I once did and just haven't been there on a day she was working..and then off to Aldi..a couple of bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..a package of green onions..a package of rooms and some cashew nut bars..and then back to my rooms and my /usual online activities...which are fast approaching the end of the day..ergo..I say to one and all..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment