Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, June 29, 2020

[17:33 UTC-4]
[+78*F_mostly cloudy_winds:n/n/e@8 mph_humidity:60%_barometer:29.97"/\_overnight Lo:+61*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   The bad weather original predicted for today never occurred but we did get some rain overnight..but after I was told I was sound asleep..and according to the advanced forecast there is no rain predicted until the Thursday after the 4th of July....
   After looking both at Aldi and Ollie's for dish washing detergent..tried Dollar General..now they had all the cleaning type products along the back wall..but no dish washing detergent..ask a clerk..danged if they did have it "hide" in a aisle..oy vey..well as I headed back to my rooms as I had mentioned earlier it had rained last night and there is a depression just off the one end of the plaza parking lot that always puddles..and in and around said puddle were approximately 36 Canada Geese..both sitting in the puddle and drinking from it..now I haven't see any of the adults or goslings for a couple of weeks..and boy have those little rascals grow..most have the greater majority of the adult plumage..and the only way you tell them from the adults..is that there are a little smaller and their necks are not quite as long..now I have established by several years of observation that the geese are firm believes in social distancing..especially where humans are concerned..now when the goslings are young it's about 30' before you get hissed at..now more like 20'..so I observed that distance but that didn't stop one of the males from watching me very closely..but I just watched the group for several minutes..and then back to my rooms..Later decided to get my afternoon toffee coffee so headed up to the lobby by way of the parking lot..I just needed the fresh air....
   Things were more back to normal today as the free Poker game was back online....but the glitch that as been occurring..is still there..and I guess it's about time I stopped calling it a glitch and refer to it as the "new normal"..[..removes tongue from cheek..[link]]..speaking of removing..it's time I removed myself from here and finished my day's tasks..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment