Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, June 11, 2020

[17:31 UTC-4]
[+71*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@19 mph_humidity:49%_barometer:29.99"/\_Tonight's Lo:+57*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[Beethoven:"Christ on the Mount of Olives"]:]....
   Sometimes the littlest thing will trigger a memory from years ago..something you may not of thought of for many years..it could be anything that causes a memory to "jump" to mind..a name..in my case a piece of music..even a smell..some times these memories are fond memories..some times sad..happy..or just neutral..and even a memory of a time place or thing you'd had hoped you could forget forever..well this morning when I awoke it wasn't my mind but my body reminding me of some of my past miscues..I awoke quite sniff and sore..among other things my back and feet were reminding me of the 35+ years I spent on a cement factory floor and the back also included my uncounted hours on a folk-lift..and the rest of my joints chimed in as well..knees brought up too many dives into a gym floor to "dig" volleyballs..and the list went on..any time my body remembers it's never a good thing..but I got to thinking..after a brief walk mid-afternoon Monday I hadn't been out at all and had spent most of time where I am at this moment..at my keyboard..and so a simple solution came to mind..now the rain/thunder/lightening predicted for mid-morning thru mid-afternoon didn't occur..but the 20+ mph winds did..with my balance issues because of my essential tremors I avoid walking under winds of that velocity or higher..but while I had planned to walk tomorrow to Aldi I decided that my body was telling me that maybe I should throw caution aside and walk today and get some much needed and overdue exercise..so I waited until after the wind had abated a bit and walked to Aldi today..just the usual fare..but also I a couple of nice chats with two of the "kids" that work there..and at this point I feel much better..much of the stiffness and soreness is gone..now I understand that a certain level of discomfort will always be with me..what I call "background" pain that I will always have to deal with..just have done too much damage to the old body..it will never be right..but now it's at a level that doesn't impede my daily routine..speaking of my daily routine..the end of it fast  approaches..ergo..nite all....  

No comments:

Post a Comment