Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 21, 2020

[18:05 UTC-4]
[+89*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@6 mph_humidity:44%_barometer:29.92"\/_Overnight Lo:+68*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   Another hot day here in the old Northcountry but thankfully the trend has continued and the humidity has been quite low during the "heat of the day"..and there's been a breeze so the affect has been that it has not been intolerable..as it so happened I had a chunk of time this morning when I had nothing that needed my attention for about an hour and a half on my live games..beginning at 09:00..so took advantage of that..temperature was in the upper 70s at the time so..decided to take my run..well actually a slow walk..to Aldi..if I tried to run I'd  would undoubtedly trip over my cane and do myself a severe injury..and embarrass myself as well..bananas..liquid egg whites..a bottle of kalamata olives..3 bottle of fruit flavored sparkling water..a bottle of fruit flavoring for water..what I like to refer to as 21st century Koolade..butter..and a couple bricks of good cheese..and then back to my rooms....
   One of the things I miss most from my youth is being able to watch a news broadcast..and get just that the news..bare bones..as Joe Friday used to say on the old Dragnet TV show "Just the Facts"..now I am intelligent and well read enough to just get the facts of an issue and come to my own conclusions..and I'm not singling out either side of the current debates over political or social issues..both sides are as guilty of it as other..the news is "spun" in an effort to get you to agree/or disagree with a certain point of view..drives me nuts..When I was in college many years ago I took courses in formal logic and ethics..and to see the logical fallacies newsmen and politicians commit..not to mention the principles of ethics they violate makes me very sad..[see:Logical Fallacies]..It's becoming difficult to sort through the rhetoric and one sided reporting to discern what the simple facts of an issue are..it's truly a sad state of affairs..[end rant]....
   Time for me to get off my soapbox and finish the few tasks left for me tonight before I take my rest..which may include a short sit-down outside to enjoy this beautiful day..Nite All.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment