Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

[17:42 UTC-4]
[*83*F_sunny_winds:w/n/w@7 mph_humidity:35%_barometer:30.19"\/_Overnight:Lo:+56*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   As you can see from the weather report above was a hot one today..in some parts of the world the temperature today might not even be considered hot..but remember it is not uncommon here abouts to have winter temperatures here w/windchill of >-40*F..the coldest day I remember was in the 1970s..the temperature was -55*F..w/50 mph winds..and a windchill in excess of -100*F..frostbite and hypothermia could occur in under a minute..so for us..any temperature over 80*F is hot..thankfully the humidity was only 35%..so actually it was quite comfortable....
   I had a problem with my left hand and wrist last night to the point that I resorted to something I only rarely do..I took a dose of a generic Tylenol [acetaminophen]..which thankfully worked quite quickly and relieved both the pain and the stiffness..because of the damage I've done over the years through work related and sport related injuries..I played sport with probably a little more intensity that was probably wise..I have gotten quite use to the "background" level of pain and stiffness in most of my joints..but I really don't like to take any drugs that aren't absolutely necessary..but there are times when I really can't handle the pain..and actually a 1/2 dose usually works..but noticed I was almost out..I honestly can't remember the last time I took any..for the last 32 months since I made several life style/dietary changes my general health has been quite good and my joints have been behaving themselves..so off to Ollie's and Dollar General..at Ollie's a couple of bags of cashews seasoned w/Basil & Lemongrass..bought a bag last week just to try them..and really enjoyed them..cashews and Brazil nuts are my two faves..at Dollar General the aforementioned acetaminophen [dang that's two long words in a row..try saying them together 5 times fast]..a bottle of Gatorade Zero and a six-pack of 7-1/2 oz cans of ginger ale..had nice chats with both of the check-out clerks..nice ladies....
   It's funny sometimes what I'll remember from back when I was a kid..was having a bad time with one of the solitaire games I play..just couldn't get it to clear..and from the past I remembered what an old friend used to say on a bad day "This day is so  bad that if I tried to throw myself into the ground..I'd probably miss"..and on that note I will say as always..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment