Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, June 25, 2020

[17:57 UTC-4]
[+76*F_partly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph_humidity:38%_barometer:29.99"\/_Overnight Lo:+60*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   It had been my original intend to wait tomorrow to take from walk to the ATM and Aldi..but the way the timing worked out I had a 2 hour block of time..and had the vast majority of my days tasks either done or well under way and decided that it would be a good use of the time to take care of those two things then..first to the ATM..decided that I really didn't need to withdraw as much as I usually do..but when I saw the receipt and my balance it looked oddly high..and really had ho idea why..but decided to figure it out later..bank lobby was open..masks were required..but you couldn't wear sun glasses or a hat..I thought it hilarious that a bank of all places won't let you in without a  mask..then down the hill to Aldi..just the normal fare..and a quick chat with one of the checkout kids..who mention that she was just trying to get use to the "new normal"..I replied that I really hate that term..and she agreed..anyhow..nearly got hit by a pickup pulling a dog grooming trailer..who I guess figured I had no right crossing the street..in the walk lane with the walk light..but I saw him coming and got out of the way..oy vey..if he doesn't get it my guardian angel should be getting hazardous duty pay..got back to the hotel and the desk guy handed me my mail..my bank statement..an the explanation was there in..the 1,200$ that was part of the CV-19 legislation..I had no idea I'd qualified..well I  have been thinking about getting a new computer..
   In the footer you'll find an article about the origins of a particular form of American lawn art that has of late been the target of vandalism and much disrepute..and what  the origin of the lawn art is..never knew the story of it's origins and found it quite interesting..as an aside in the process of trying to get it posted finally figured out how to take something off FB and copy/paste it here without it being a mess..I transferred it first to a "text" app [I run Chrome OS] and the copied it from there and it loads fine here..I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...Arf..Arf..speaking of dogs..I'm beginning to feel "dog tired" and time to say..Nite All....  

No comments:

Post a Comment