Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, June 19, 2020

[18:40 UTC-4]
[+84*F_sunny_winds:west@7 mph_humidity:48%_barometer:29.99"\/_Overnight's Lo:+64*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[Gaudy Night]:]....
   Was again a very nice very warm day..but with the low humidity and a light breeze it was quite comfortable..had one of my better nights sleep..actually slept at one point for the better part of five hours without awakening..when I was younger..I slept so deeply that once I fell asleep I sleep straight thru until morning or when ever my "morning" was at the time..I worked overnights [mid-night to 08:30] for almost 2 years..and evening shift [16:00 to 08:30] for about 7-1/2 years..which reminds me when I was working machine maintenance on the evening shift we had a engineer who come in  part-time..regardless of the time of day he saw you..the first time he'd greet you with "Good Morning"..the second time.."Good Afternoon" and if a third time or more it would be "Good Evening" all some times within a four hour period..but now as I have grow older..I both don't sleep as deeply as I once did..and it doesn't help matters atall that one of my meds has diuretic properties..so it's rare when I sleep more than two hours at any given time..from one POV..I don't actually sleep at night but take a series of interrupted naps..and if it's not the meds..sometimes a "visit" from a leg cramp will do the job..as a former soccer mid-fielder and 20K runner..I am prone to visits from "Charley Horse"....
   Had all of my games and most of my other tasks in my daily routine taken care of so decided that I just couldn't live with myself if I waste such a nice day so took a walk on my usual loop and had a sit-down in a small sitting area at the intersection of Arsenal St.& Western Blvd..and with the loosening of the CV-19 restrictions it's good to see the stores & restaurants opening up again and the traffic returning..on the other hand it means I'll have to return to my former caution when trying to cross Arsenal St..one of the busier in the small city I live in and crossing it can be a daunting task even in the crosswalks w/the walk light..dang peeps behind the wheel with their noses in a smart phone..or otherwise distracted..
   Well the time for me to take my rest approaches so as always..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment