Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, June 6, 2020

[17:42 UTC-4]
[+58*F_light rain_winds:w/n/w@7 mph_humidity:88%_barometer:29.83"/\_Tonight's Lo:50*F]....
[Now Playing On MadTrollie:[Bach]:]....
   We did get fairly heavy rain for awhile but the storm is almost past us here..there were a few bursts of thunder and lightning but nothing very close by..but then I live in a large cement block building..and a lightning striker would have to been dang close to even feel it....
   Years ago my brother and I were playing golf at a local public golf course which for many years I purchased a seasons pass to..we were playing the 7th hole on the front nine when we noticed a very black cloud heading out way..hit our tee shots on the 8th a long par four and were walking up to our second shots when we heard the first clap of thunder in the distance..statistically one of the worst places to be in a thunder/lightning storm is a golf course [link]..ergo..I took off my golf shoes..metal spikes..and made a mad dash for the club house..about half way there it started to pour..and as we reached the safety of the club house lightning was "dance" on a rock ledge that we had just ran past..we were fortunate that we took off when we did....
   I mentioned yesterday that the ATM that I always use was out of order and with the restrictions the bank lobby wasn't open..[but will open this coming Monday]..so decided to take the short walk up the hill that to the ATM..and was quite pleased to see that it was now functioning..unless I am making a large purchase..which I seldom do..I'd rather pay cash then use my debit card..I don't even have a charge card..paid the last one off years ago and took an oath never to have one again..my debit card is in affect a plastic check which draws off my checking account..actual have two separate accounts..one for the ATM and the other that I use for shopping on-line..but with the bank essentially closed the ATM was my only source of cash..so was relieved that it was functioning..the only time I ever go into the bank proper is if I have business that needs the assistance of a manger....but later just took a short walk to the convenience store and then have spent the rest of the day on-line being that there is nothing on the "old boob tube" today worth my time....
   Speaking of time..it's that time again..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment