Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

[17:45 UTC-4]
[+88*F_partly cloudy_winds:s/s/w@11_humidity:47*F_barometer:29.59"\/_Overnight Lo:+62*F]....
[We have some heavy weather coming our way according to the forecast..Thunder & lightning from about 20:00 to night thru midnight then changing to rain..heavy at times thru 04:00 Thursday]....[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]....
   Have spent a very quiet day in my rooms..save for a brief walk earlier just around the lawns here and a brief sit-down on one of the benches..at that time the storm was predicted to hit us about 16:00..so I wanted to get out and enjoy the day's weather before it turned nasty..apparently the winds are a tad slower then predicted or a change in direction..but as I have eluded to before weather prediction for this area..especially because of our close proximity to the east end of Lake Ontario is at best an educated guess....
   Yesterday an old friend posted something to my FB timeline that annoyed me greatly..now I'm could call him a friend from old times..54 years ago on the 4th Saturday in June..we graduated from high school..and I haven't seen him "in the flesh" as it were since..our family was in the process of moving from the Western NY..to the Northcountry NY..and dad had already started working up here..so on the next day in the afternoon he and I headed up here..I started my summer job at the factory he worked at at 11:00 PM Monday night..and I  don't think I've been back that way more than a half dozen times in the last 54 years..never went to a class reunion..just not my thing..but reconnected with D and a few others of my former classmates..on FB when I joined it a little over four years ago..anyways we both love the pun..the play on words..and the worst the pun is the better..so I don't mind him posting those to my timeline..but the video he posted crossed the line..I didn't want to restrict posting to only me..because my bro and sis will sometimes post to it as well as "The Moose"..also another classmate and former high school band-mate..and certainly didn't want to unfriend him..after thinking about it I sent him a pm..saying I didn't mind the puns..but the video crossed the line..and I received a pm this AM from him apologizing..so as Shakespeare would have "all's well that end's well"..and those of you that are astute know what comes next..speaking of ending well..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment