Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

*[16:57 UTC-4]*[+60*F_sunny_winds:southwest@8 mph_humidity:42%_barometer:29.93"/\_overnight lo:+47*F]*[rain is excepted to beginning around 14:00 Thursday and continue thru 14:00 Friday]]*[Playing this evening on MadTrollie*[Hornblower "Duty" ]*..It's been awhile since I've watch/listen to this one..../....Have added a new playlist the works of*[Franz von Suppe(Wiki)]*]*

   I've had a decent day..not the best but by far not the worst nights sleep..walked just after 09:00 to Aldi for some groceries..a package of hard rolls..4 bananas..3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water [cherry/lemonade]..a quart of liquid egg-whites..& another wedge of Romanian cave cheese..apparently it's aged in brine and the stored in a cave..and Aldi only has it due the Halloween season..I find it most enjoyable and usually pickup a couple of wedges and store it in my frig..../....have spent the day as I most often do online..playing live games..sims & solitaire..tending to my duties as a moderator on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..and updating "Trollie's Game Room" & of course tending & creating new playlists on Youtube..../....Away back when in school I played on the school baseball team my senior year..now I had played in an adult slow-pitch softball league since I had been 13 yrs. old..and hadn't played fast pitch hardball since I was maybe 11 or 12....but they needed a defensive outfielder..and I "fit the bill"..besides a couple of my "friends" made me an offer I  couldn't refuse...we were playing an away game..closed park..four foot home run fences..and this dude from the other team hit a deep fly ball my way..my back to the fence I knew what I needed to do...moved about ten feet away from the fence and as the ball came my way ran to the fence..jumped..leaned over the fence and made the catch..one problem..I hit the wall with my center of gravity above the top of the fence and went over..hit the ground on the other-side fortunately fairly soft..but knocked the wind out  of me..knew I had to show I had the ball..stuck my glove over the fence and drop the ball into the field of play..I'm told that as I made my run for the fence our coach buried his head in his hands knowing what would happen..but I caught the ball and we won the game so it was worth it..well that is until the next morning..I felt that catch for days.....but then I tended to play sport with maybe a little more enthusiasm than was necessary and looking back now it was probably not to wise either..as my joints remind me from time to time..../....Still a few things to tie up before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment