Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 23, 2020

 *[17:52 UTC-4]*[+78*F_partly cloudy_winds out of n the southwest@13 mph_humidity:29.97"\/_overnight:lo:47*F_rain predicted to begin about mid-night tonight and continue thru 08:00 tomorrow]*[Playing Tonight on  MadTrollie*[The Lone Ranger]*[Telemann]*[as/usual have spent part of the day collecting more videos for my playlists]*]*

   I slept reasonably well last night and got a pretty normal start to  the day and got almost every thing done a little early..now I had not intended to walk today..but did take the short walk up to the ATM for my "10 day walking around money"..../...have spent the day as I generally do online spending time playing a three live games..Poker..Blackjack & Video Poker [aka poker slots]..a Spade sim..and several Solitaire..some I've select for the pure entertainment..but others to kept my mind sharp and others to exercise my rather damaged hands..I have not been kind to them to say the least either occupationally or in sport..and they can be rather stiff and sore at times..among other things..when playing soccer in college we only had two goalies on the team so it was decided that we needed a field player who could fill the net in an emergency..if both got hurt &/or ejected in the same game..both had rather quick tempers..I got the nod..so I trained one day a week with keepers..taking my turn in the nets in practice one day..had a low hard slider to my right knew I couldn't catch it so I dove and had my extended fingers together to deflect the ball past the post and out of play..did just that but caught the 4x4 hardwood post with all 8 fingers and sprained both wrists..and they that is my hands tend to remind me of that event from time to time....so apparently I let out a blood curdling scream..and the coach & trainer came running..I was there with my hands under my armpits and insisted that before I looked at them they had to check the ground to see if I had knocked any of them off..sure felt like I had..needless to say they were a lovey combination of blank and blue for the next few days..but thankfully none were broken..../....but the end of the day approaches and as I have a few more things to accomplish..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment