Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 9, 2020

 *[17:27 UTC-4]*[+57*F_partly cloudy_winds:northwest@9 mph_humidity:57%_barometer:30.08"\/_overnight lo:+53*F]*[rain and T-storms predicted to begin about 11:00 tomorrow and to continue thru 19:00 Saturday evening]*[Playing Tonight on Madtrollie*[episodes of "Dragnet"]*]*

   Been an interesting day..had the best night sleep I've had in quite awhile..usually I "hit the sheets" between 20:00 & 21:00 most nights..but last night I was trying to fall a sleep in my recline about 19:00 so I gave up and went to bed about 19:15..and the next time I saw the clock it was 23:30..took care of the issue that awoke me & and rolled back over & the next time I saw the clock it was 03:40..a little early but I was well rested so decided to start the day a little early than/usual..the free live poker game I usual play daily was still down so I got through the rest of my normal routine by just after 11:30..so decided to take a walk more for exercise than any other reason and then decided to go back to the convenience store and see if they did as was said and did get a shipment of the chew I use..which they did..and the way back decided to stop at Dollar General..a six-pack of ginger ale(7.5 oz cans)..a bag of chips & a Heath bar..and back to my lodgings..and the rest of the day I've spent mostly on Youtube working on my playlists and the "loop" playing to night is one of my new ones..I remember see "Dragnet" when I as we would have said back in the day "knee high to a grasshopper"..../....One of the things that drives me nuts when trying to compile the weather for my postings is the wind direction...on one page it's an arrow..which looked like the wind was from the west/south/west..on another page it was listed as south/south/west..so when I check the radar there is a light rain in the area..and the winds..out of the north/west..ain't technology wonderful..oy vey..you'd think they'd have somebody proof-reading the dang report..[shakes his old grey head]..on the other hand most peeps probably only look at the wind speed and really don't care what the direction is..but as I live in a "lake affect snow belt"..we do..in the winter if a storm is coming and the winds are out of the west/south/west you expect the worst..../....with the poker game down few tasks still remind..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment