Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 1, 2020

 *[16:05]*[+59*F_mostly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@14 mph_humidity:68%_barometer:29.87"/\_overnight lo:+45*]*[rains predicted to return about 21:00 tonight & continue thru 16:00 Friday]*[Tonight on MadTrollie*[Telemann]*[found a couple of new recordings which are "first up"]*]*

   I had noticed that on one of the TV  channels I watch the programs were starting a few minutes early..and I should have tumbled to the problem when my very punctual sister was already waiting for me when I thought I was a couple of minutes early..and again today on another channel..now we have lost power briefly in the last few weeks and I've always re-set my alarm clock to my computer time which in the past has auto-re-set..but decided it's got to be my problem..used google and searched "current GMT time"..[it's now a bookmark under my "library" bookmark]..yup..my computer clock was 6 minutes slow..oy vey..so re-set that as well as my alarm clock..which I don't think I've ever used as an alarm clock..because I'm retired and rarely have to get up earlier than usual for an appointment..I'm up one side or the other of 04:00(local time) every morning anyways..and besides on the rare occasion I need it..I live in a hotel..I call the desk..ask for a walk-up-call..the phone rings at the pre--arranged-time and a canned voice tells me to get my ugly tuckus out of bed..well not quite in those words but the meaning is the same..../....Most of the morning I was checking the local radar and just before 11:00 the rain had past..so just after 11:00 took the walk to Aldi's that I had hoped that the weather would allow me to make either today or tomorrow..didn't get any thing other than the usual fare..accepted I was tempted to get a wedge of Romanian cave cheese..bought one the other day and it's in the "'Aldi finds" section so when it's gone it gone..../....one of the networks I check everyday is AMC..and starting today until the end of the month every movie they're airing is a horror/Halloween flick..oy gavalt..probably my least favorite genre of movies..thinking of deleting the bookmark until November 1st..../....still just a few things to accomplish before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment