Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, October 17, 2020

 *[17:12 UTC-4]*[+54*F_partly cloudy_winds:southwest@12 mph_humidity:46%_barometer:30.26"\/_overnight lo:42*F]*[Tonight on MadTrollie*[Enter the Lone Ranger]*]*

   I was pretty well done with the majority of my online game play..now I had decided to take a walk this afternoon to get some needed supplies..but as I was pretty well done I decided to walk just before 11:30..first to Price Chopper..some peppers..poblanos..fresh garlic..shallots & a bag of small golden potatoes..I've tried a few different kinds of potatoes over the last few months..and of all the types I've tried these seem to be the best choice..not only do I like the flavor but they "keep" better then the other types I've tried..then off to T J Maxx..found a bottle of preserved mild piquante peppers..had hear of them but had never see them in a store and of course I had to immediately try them on I got back to my rooms..they're not really "hot" but the do have a nice flavor and a bit of a hint of some heat to them..very nice and a nice addition to my pantry..and then to the convenience store for a shelve of 5 cans of the chew I use..just a pinch between the cheek & gums..yup..I know..a bad habit..but it's the last one I've got..25th of this month..it will be three years since I hopped on "the wagon"..I was a heavy drinker & I'm surprised that a couple of liquor stores didn't have to declare bankruptcy..and I don't chase woman any  more..they're way too faster for this gimpy..grumpy..old codger & besides I probably trip over my cane and bust my tuckus..I started with the chew when I was working machine maintenance maybe 45 years ago and have done so since..it helped me deal with the stress of my job..and when I made the switch to running the shipping/receiving/warehousing departments the chew came with me..if anything a more stressful job the other..maybe one of these days I may decided to quit..but then..a fellow needs one bad habit..doesn't he..../....besides the walk have had a very enjoyable..restful day..not the best day at the games I play..but a good day none the less..but a few more things to tie up before I can take my rest..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment