Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 29, 2020

 *[18:13 UTC-4]*[+41*F_cloudy_winds out of the west@14 mph_humidity:79%_barometer:29:81"\/_overnight lo:+27*F_Friday's Hi/Lo:+39*F//+23*_winds out of the northeast@11 mph]*{Tonight on MadTrollie*[Telemann]*featuring a couple of pieces I found right before I logged on to Blogger to write this evenings posting]*]*

   Originally we were to get some rain this afternoon thru mid evening..and I had been periodically checking the radar and the storm was coming out of the w/s/w quite a large storm and it looked like we were going to catch the northern edge of it..but except for a few sprinkles got almost nothing..bur when I  check the radar before posting here as I always do..the wind had shifted to westerly..and the storm went south of us..Friday's weather is going to be on the cold side..however nothing I haven't dealt with before..except for nine semesters of college I have spent the last 54 years plus in the Northcountry and grew up to the east of Buffalo NY in a rural area so cold/snow are not new to me..although I must admit that as I get older I don't handle either as easily as I once did..in the mid-70s we had the only day I can't remember that the entire small city I live in basically shutdown for a day because of the cold..temperature was -55*F with 55 mph winds..windchill was in excess of -100*F..and frostbite 7/or hypothermia could occur in under a minute..the next morning I got in my 1972 Ford Pinto..with a 1600 cc German built engine...took awhile until all for pistons fired but off I went and was one of the few peeps who actually got to work..will probably bundle up tomorrow and take the short walk down to Dollar General..just need a few things..../....Did take my walk to Aldi this morning around 09:00..mid-40's F and not a bad day to walk atall..the usual fare save for a bottle of red wine vinegar..I have malt vinegar and balsamic but wanted the red as well..they didn't have the mixed cold-cuts I was seeking but when looking thru the sliced meats and cheeses saw they had a wedge of my favorite cheese..a blue Stilton..almost bought two..../....Two of my live games are still down so have had some extra time on my hand..episodes of "NCIS".."Treehouse Masters" & "Beat Bobby Flay"..have had a very enjoyable day..but still a couple of things to deal with..ergo..nite all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment