Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 5, 2020

 *[17:45 UTC-4]*[+58*f_partly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@9 mph_humidity:66%_barometer:30.12"\/_ overnight lo:48*F]*[Tonight on MadTrollie*[Medieval]*[the music tonight is from my Medieval playlist...really kind of a "catch-all" category..also folk..fantasy..Celtic et al..background music..I got in the habit of playing music when I was in college those many long years ago to drown out the hubbub in the dorm\/house I lived in while studying or writing one of the many papers one has to write in college when studying theology/philosophy as I was or I'm sure a dozen areas of study..one of these days I need to go thru the 139 selections that this playlist has grown to..but not today]*....[17:06 UTC-4]....*[Telemann]*]*

   Was actually a very pleasant Autumn day..took a walk over to Aldi around 09:30..just a few of the normal items..nothing hew &/or interesting caught my eye or demanded that I take them back to my rooms with me..something that actually happens quite often..but one of my fav checkout kids was working today..she's a farm girl..loves to talk about her horse..but she reminds me of many of the girls I knew when I was in school..I grew up in a rural area..a dairy farming area about 20 miles or so east of Buffalo New York..I knew three sisters that lived close by..neat thing as you drove thru rural areas back then you'd often pass a farm with a sign.."somebodies' name" and Sons..well this farm had a sigh that read "......" & Daughters..nice kids..a couple of years ago I looked at a satellite photo of the area where I grew up..and their old homestead is now a series of small ponds..now there was a gravel pit nearby and I got the idea maybe the farm was sold to the pits..we used to swim in a couple of the pits as a kid..but not one..apparently while digging they hit an underground source of water and the pit filled with water so quickly that they didn't have time to get the steam shovel out..and you could see the top of the rig in the middle..but that was 55 years ago so I sure it's just a pile rust on the bottom now...../....been another quiet day..save for the walk to Aldi..just the usual online deal..watched a NCIS episode..some of the first Harry Potter movie..and maybe some Law & Order later..and still a few things to finish before I take my rest..nite all..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment