Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 16, 2020

 *[17:22 UTC-4]*[+46*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@10 mph_barometer:65%_humidity:30.12"/\_overnight lo:+36*F]*[Playing this evening on MadTrollie*[Strong Poison..a Lord Peter Wimsey episode]*]*

   Have spent a quiet day in my rooms saved for a short walk this afternoon down the hill to the Plaza just a short walk from the hotel I live in..I had had a problem with my mouse..the rubber grip on the left side had become loose..so off to the shelves and grab my bottle of Gorilla Glue..which I discovered much to my dismay the glue was now as hard as a rock..ergo..since the loose grip was annoying me..off to Dollar General..in search of glue..got a bottle of Loctite Super Glue..[which apparently spell check has never heard of]..and since I was there a package of cookies..a bag of white cheddar popcorn..a bottle of Gatorade Zero..and a can of pitted black olives..speaking of Gatorade back in the 60's the sports staff at the college would make a cooler of it for sporting events..in those days..not a pre-bottled drink of today..but in powdered form and added to water and ice..a short chat with the clerk and also one of the kids from Ollie's was there and a short chat with her as well..../....Thinking of college I decided to go out for the soccer team..now back in the day the rural school I attended didn't have a soccer team but I had learned the game on the sand lot..from to kids who's parents were missionaries in Haiti and were home for a year because of  their mother's illness..and had learned the game in Haiti..I had enjoyed the game and decided to give it ago in college..different sub rules in those days you could sub-in..sub-out..& back in again..what we called "free substitution" but you could only designate 4 players/game..I picked the formal game quickly and was 1st sub off the bench by halfway thru the season..and played all but a few minutes of the last game of the season at center-mid when the starter pulled an Achilles tendon..and we won the game..but the one thing I could never figure out was the team name..now I attended a very conservative Baptist bible school..and they did not trace their roots to the Reformation but to independent christian churches that exist before the Reformation..so why as the name for their sport teams did they pick the name Crusaders..warriors of the Roman church..didn't dare ask..but often have wondered..../...a few things still require my attention..ergo..nite all....  

No comments:

Post a Comment