Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 15, 2020

 *[17:55 UTC-4]*[+58*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph_humidity:74%_barometer:29.81"/\_overnight lo:47*F]*[rain expected to begin between 19:00&20:00 with the wind shifting to the southwest winds decreasing to about 8 mph..rain to continue thru 17:00 Friday]*[Tonight on MadTrollie*[Praetorius]*]*

   Except for the short walk by-way-of the halls I've not been out of my rooms all day..the usual  online gaming..my duties as a mod. on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..searching Youtube for some new videos for my playlists..and watched some "Rizzoli & Isles" & "Beat Bobby Flay"..pretty normal day for this gimpy..grumpy..old codger..../....I am not by nature a political person..sure I've voted in the past but when I first registered to vote..back in the 60s..voting age was still 21 years old..the Republican Party in NYS was just too liberal for my liking and the Democrats were even worse..so I registered as a member of the NYS Conservative Party..a few years later I was asked by a friend who happened to be the county chairman if I'd be a ward committeeman for the party and I decided I would..thinking that the worst thing about politics was it was run by politicians..and maybe I could as a non-political person make a difference..a couple of years later I was asked to be a member of the county committee..and accepted..thinking maybe I could make a difference..about a year after joining was an "off election" year..no statewide or national votes..but local elections..now I knew the outgoing county DA..who was running for county judge..so the two candidates from the two major parties came looking for our endorsement as well..one had a very good educational background & was the current top ADA..the other a less stellar education and a family lawyer with little if any criminal court experience..I  thought the choice was cut & dry..problem was the former was female & Pro-Choice..the later male & Pro-Life..and on that fact alone against my protests..the committee endorsed the later..I saw the chairman on Sunday at church..and resigned...now I'm Pro-Life..but to make a choice in a local election on one issue..and an issue which that office has no control over..oy vey..the lady won and I voted for her every other year for the next 20 years until she stepped down..I'm now registered independent..no party affiliation..besides I've never made a positive vote for national office..always voted for the candidate I disliked the least..../....still a few things to tie up before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment