Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, October 25, 2020

 *[16:13 UTC-4]]*[+44*F_partly cloudy_ winds out of the northeast@10 mph_humidity:39%_barometer:30.30"\/_overnight lo:36_rain expected to begin around 03:00 tomorrow and continue until 20:00]*[This Evening on MadTrollie*[Hornblower "Duty"]*]*

   I slept fairly well last night and with the minor issue I had experienced yesterday decided to walk to Aldi & Big Lots today..when I checked  the weather just after 04:00 the temperature was a balmy +32*F...I had a block of time just before 09:00 and checked the temperature..up to +35*F..and I decided to try again about 11:00..now when I was working up here in the Northcountry my job sometimes required me to be outside in the winter when with the windchill  the temperature was -40*F..two things are important..I had my Carhart winter clothes & I was getting paid very well..I still have my Carharts but I ain't getting paid before..ergo..if the either the actually temperature or the windchill is below 0*F in winter..I don't walk..and while today was nowhere near that cold..as the first really cold day of the season I'm not accustomed to it yet..and while I do usually try to get to Aldi around 09:00 on Sunday to avoid the heavy crowds that descend on it between 11:00 & 19:00 on Sunday..felt the wait was worth it..a hoodie..a lined flannel shirt..a neck scarf..and a wool hat and I was quite comfortable when I walk just before 11:00..stopped at Big Lots..and in a rare occurrence found nothing I wanted..then up to Aldi..just the usual fare except a very nice wedge of cheese..a combination of sheep's & goat's milk..and back to my rooms and just an hour or so ago I walked to Ollie's..even a rarer trip there with no purchases..and Dollar General..4 pocket cherry pies..a bottle of Gatorade Zero..a jug of tomato juice and a bag of cheddar popcorn..and back to my rooms to prepare for the end of my day..still just a few things to do..and a light meal to attend to..../....as it is predicted to rain for most if not all of the daylight hours tomorrow will be content to stay warm and dry in my "fortress of solitude"...../....nite all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment