Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 26, 2018

(12:42 UTC-4)
(+78*F...sunny........wind 14 MPH)
(a classical mix off YouTube)
  Really a great day for a walk..more on that later....a wind I would describe as "a nice breeze".....but you must know that I grew up in the lee of Lake Erie and have lived in the lee of Lake Ontario for a little over 52 years (except for 9 semesters of college) and we don't start calling it windy until it starts flopping your pant legs..........but was it a  walk or was it two walks......I started at Aldi.......needed just a few things, one of which is potato chips.....I almost never get flavored chips...except for he occasional salt and vinegar.....and prefer ripple chips....and prefer that my chips remain as whole as possible.....and since I carry my purchases in a sling bag.....chips tend to get crushed, so on the occasions I'm getting chips I also bring a cloth bag for the chips.....so on my way to Ollie's, The Thrift Store, and Dollar General.......I walk past my lodgings....so I popped in just long enough to put the chips and my other purchases away...and then (IMHO) continued my walk......didn't get anything at Ollie's....but it's a discount outlet......what they didn't have yesterday, they may have today...and it could be sold out and gone forever tomorrow.....usually check in once a week or so.......today what they did have.....I didn't need.....but if they do have it......you can get it for a great price.....and since it's on the same plaza as DG...it's like right there.....also stuck my nose in the Thrift Store......zilch....got a couple of bottles of Powerade, a grinder of pepper (nothing like fresh ground pepper) and my morning ice cream......a small cup.....a summer thing with me......and then back to my rooms.....

No comments:

Post a Comment