Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 19, 2018

(16:02 UTC-4)
(+78*F....sunny)
(Beethoven: "Christ on the Mount of Olives")
  On May 9th, 1961, Newton N Minow, \chairmen of the FCC......declared Television programming as the "vast wasteland".......he was referring to the lack of educational TV.....and I freely admit I'm taking the statement out of it's original context, and from my personal point of view......so let's have at it.....
  I am a resident of a hotel....and have been for over 7 years and 7 months......since I no longer drive......mostly for poor vision, but I have tactically chose a place to live in a small city, that has been my home for 50+  years, where all my needs can be taken care of within a 10 minute walk of my lodgings.....including my doc......but I have no control over my TV or WiFi feeds......the cost of which is included in my monthly rent......
  But today I agree with calling TV the vast wasteland.......with the new cable service.....I have access to 60 channels of programming.....plus a guide channel.......and today save a movie I just finished watching on HBO, and coverage earlier on NBCSN of the Tour de France.......there is nothing to watch......well at least from my picky point of view......I am very thankful for YouTube......
(END RANT)
  Another nice day, not so dang hot and humid, and a nice breeze......I live off the east end of Lake Ontario........and the cooling breeze in Summer is welcome, I don't quite have the same opinion of the lake effect snow that the same breeze brings in Winter.....but we must make compromises 

No comments:

Post a Comment