Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

(19:28 UTC-4)
(+76*F..rain)
(Now Playing: "Sink the Bismarck")
  It's rained on and often since last night, but caught a couple of times to walk and pick up a few things......other wise been a quiet day.......for a Tuesday.....that's the day each week that the ladies of housekeeping come into clean my rooms and change the linen.....normally I stay and we talk but today I timed my first walk so they could go about their business with out my interfering......
  Got up about 4:30 AM this morning, a couple hours earlier the normal, but just couldn't get back to sleep.....one of the cable channels was playing Star Wars episode I.....the only one I'd watch over and over....but was nodding off, so land down and took a 40 minute nap......never was much for the mid-day naps but as I get older it has become more common......
   I was thinking today about the movies I like and realized most of them were made in the 40s thru the late 70s.......and only a few after that....and the last flick I saw in the theater was "Star Trek, the Motion Picture" and that was in 1979......I'd rather watch a flick at home in my pajamas and make my own popcorn.......

No comments:

Post a Comment