Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

[10:35 UTC-4]
   Norm my friend of years past....If you can hear me....you were right when you said "The weatherman is the only person you know who gets paid for being right 25% of the time".....the rain predicted for this morning never happened....rain now predicted to start just before midnight....and continue through Wednesday evening....possible T-storms as well....and Norm if you can hear me I think you were overly optimistic when you said 25%.....oy vey.....
[20:50 UTC-4]
[+77*F....cloudy....winds s/s/w@9 mph....humidity 67%....barometer: steady]
[rain ant possible T-storms predicted to start around 01:00 tomorrow and continue through 23:00]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube [link]]
   So with the change in forecast for today I decided to take my weekly Tuesday walk to Big Lots....and was quite glad I did because I was looking in one of the aisle and someone tapped me on the shoulder....it was Sharon P and her hubby....I've known her for about 50 years....and we worked for the same company for probably 35+ years....real a nice lady....although we do have a running gag between us.....she always calls me "kid" and I her "madam".....she is a "lot" older than I....about 7 months or so....now although I did actually go looking for anything as is quite typical....I did find a few things I "needed".....well that's not quite true....a couple of weeks ago I found some chips made in part with flour from black beans....and  last week I looked and they didn't have any so looked again today and a bag now sits in my pantry....
   Did walk just after 17:00 and stopped at Dollar general....a bag of peanut butter filled pretzels....and of course a small cup of ice cream....an a small bag of White Cheddar popcorn....which I am happily chomping on as I write this post....also a sit-down just after 19:00 on the lawn just out side my back door....been another quiet day, stress free day....and I've enjoyed it greatly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment