Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

[19:56 UTC-4]
[+73*F....sunny....winds w/s/w@4 mph....humidity 63%....barometer: rising]
[Now Playing: "The Hound of the Baskervilles" 1959 Hammer Film [link]]
   It was a very pleasant day today....temperatures in the mid-70's....not very humid....and a nice breeze....had not intended to walk...had decided to forego my usual trip to Big Lots....I go on Tuesday because that's the day seniors get a 10% discount....and although I rarely spend very much....since I like to shop there once a week....It might as well be the day I get 10% off....but the heat is going to return tomorrow.....and continue for the next few days....so....as I was making a meal this morning I realized I could probably get some more bananas....and a bottle of ketchup....so if I walked over to Aldi....Big Lots is just a short distance away....while in Big Lots....bought a bottle of fig jam....and a bottle of ketchup....that way I didn't need to fuss with a cart...just popped into Aldi....grabbed 3 bananas....paid and was gone....
   I had turned in about 1/2 of the rolled coins that I had accumulated over the last few years a couple of days ago....and decided to get all of the quarters, dimes & nickles rolled and did that this afternoon and turned them in today....I've got a second debit card to use on the internet and put the money in that account....
   Later a quick walk to Ollie's and Dollar General....just picked up a couple of bags of chips and of course a small cup of ice cream....and a short sit down outside just before I came in to write this post....
   Housekeeping was in while I was at the bank so my rooms are clean and I have fresh linens....not that the room ever gets that dirty....but the fresh linens are welcome....
   I was reminded today of one of the best put-downs I've ever heard....years ago a friends wife was celebrating her 40's birthday....and he jokingly told her that he was going to trade her in for 2-20's....with out skipping a beat she said " you're not wired for 2-20 anymore".....

No comments:

Post a Comment