Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, July 15, 2019

[21:05 UTC]
[+71*F....sunny....winds s/s/w @ 4 mph....humidity 64%....barometer is steady]
[Now Playing: Handel's Messiah....the choruses[link]]
   Dang it but they've gone and changed the forecast....again....tomorrow was supposed to be a nice day with rains starting overnight into Wednesday through Friday morning....now they are predicting rain tomorrow morning from 08:00 to 12:00....at least they've dropped the T-storm warnings....and I had planned to walk tomorrow morning to at least Aldi....and possibly Big Lots [seniors get 10% discount on Tuesday]....so I'm quite glad that just after 09:00 this morning I decided to skip going to Big Lots this week....because I haven't even started to use what I bought  last week....still sits in the pantry....so decided to get the few things I needed at Aldi today....so let it rain tomorrow morning....
   I had just come back from getting my morning cup of yogurt from the morning breakfast spread....eating my usual first meal and playing "Fall Spades" online....when the power went off...only for less than a minute....but when it came back on it took a few minutes for the WiFi to come back on....and then I hand to re-set the blasted alarm clock....not that I ever use it for one of it's prime functions....that being making me jump out of a sound sleep....but I do use it to see what time it is....besides if I need to get up at a particular time I can always call the desk and arrange a "wake up call"....which I seldom do....I'm retired and except for my twice yearly checkup with the doctor....never schedule anything for early morning [ well except for my usual morning session of online poker]....the doctor's appointment is an exception as he wants fasting bloods for testing....
   BBC America is showing episodes from the original Star Trek series today....watch one of my favs this late morning "Balance of Terror"....but they are showing my absolute fav "City on the Edge of Forever" at 22:30....a tad past my desired bedtime....but one must do or rather watch what one must watch....besides I can take advantage of a chip drop scheduled for 22:39 on an online poker game I play....
   Was a beautiful evening tonight so dragged my folding chair out and had a sit-down....and almost fell asleep....twice....

No comments:

Post a Comment