Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 25, 2019

[21:12 UTC-4]
[+70*F....clear....winds s/s/w@5 mph....humidity: 75%....barometer: 30.13" /\ ]
[Now Playing: just another of "My Mixes" off Youtube [link]]
   It's been a very comfortable summer's day here today....temperature is the mid-70's and a nice breeze....hot and humid for the next 3 days with possible scattered T-storms on Sunday....as to the scattered T-storms I really don't care....as long as they scatter them anywhere but where I  might  be at the time.....
   Walked twice today....mid-morning to  the convenience store....had a nice chat with the clerk and store manager....known the  manager for about 8 years....pretty much since I moved to this side of the city over 8 years ago....she was complaining about getting old....so I asked her the year of her birth....turns out she was born the year I graduated from high school....and mid-afternoon just a quick run [well not actually a run....if I'd tried to run I would probably trip over my cane and fall down and break my tuckus....]....just was looking at Ollie's to see if they had gotten anything in new....and they had....several flavors of Claeys Old Fashioned Hard Candies [link]....back in the rural area I grew up in there was always a pack of them in the pocket of the bib overalls of most of the farmers I knew....got four bags....different flavors.....
   I had some faux crab meat leftover from a crab cocktail I made last night and put it in with my egg white dish for 2nd meal, along with the usual root veg....but wasn't sure what spices to use so I "winged it"....turned out quite nicely....but remembered that Dollar general in there spice selection carried Old Bay Seasoning[link]....and decided to get some....as it is a special mix for sea food....and well  I was there....so also got the traditional small cup of ice cream....and a couple of snack size bags of white cheddar popcorn....which I like very much....And just before sundown had a sit-down outside....just a beautiful evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment