Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 18, 2019

[22:30 UTC-4]
[+72*F....clear....s/s/e winds@2 mph....humidity 92%....barometer: steady]
[possible isolated T-storm around 07:00 tomorrow with more predicted in the afternoon]
[Now Playing: "Hornblower....Loyalty"[link]]
   Had another spat of trouble with WiFi today....I got a pop-up requiring me to re-enter the password....now I was shown the procedure but not told....and I apparently missed a step....and the person who had helped me yesterday was busy....so lost another 4 hours....but I got it covered now....besides the signal is much stronger....and steadier....
   Sometimes the "new" technologies confuse me a little....you should know that I never saw a hand held calculator until I was in my late 20's....I took both chemistry and physics in high school and we used slide rules [link] for solving math equations....and computers still used punch cards [link]....I can use computers....usually....some times by trial & error....and the last two days have been far more error than trial....
   A trip to Aldi this morning and another short trip to the ATM....have  to get my meds re-filled over the next few days and needed to get the cash for them....
   Took a early evening walk and while walking down the side of Western Blvd. there were a group of geese feeding and blocking the sidewalk....figured they'd move....but rather that go away from the street they decided to cross it....at a very slow speed....and created quite a short lived traffic jam....of which they took no notice at all apparently.....the motorist appeared to  be highly annoyed....I on the other hand had a good laugh over it....   

No comments:

Post a Comment