Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 19, 2019

[22:05 UTC-4]
[+77*F....cloudy....winds southwest@11 mph....humidity 84%....barometer: on the rise]
[isolated/scattered T-storms predicted to star about 17:00 tomorrow continuing through about 04:00]
[Now Playing: "Gaudy Night" episode 1 a Lord Peter Wimsey drama[link]]
   I had taken a run over to the bank last night because I wanted to get some cash from my account to pay for my meds....I use the pharmacy inside Price Chopper....left just before 09:00 so I could get there right after the pharmacy opened....still somebody was in front of me....I never order by phone....so I placed my order....and had planned to get some root veg....and a couple of bottle of the flavoring now in vogue for water....which I refer to as "21 century Kool Aid'....but decided to get some cold slaw from the deli....got the meds....and my groceries and decided to walk up to T J Maxx....same plaza....and found a bottle of evoo infused with white truffle oil....but on the way back along Western Blvd....I had another encounter with a family of Canada geese....and again to avoid me....out into the street again....but apparently the driver didn't see them....no contact....but they got back on the grass....very quickly....with some hissing at the car....and allowed me to pass....
   The usual afternoon walk....got a pair of shorts at "The Thrift Store" and an ice cream at Dollar  General....and a brief sit down outside just after 20:00....
   Needed a snack....and remembered coming into the club house after playing in an evening golf league....I never ate before I played because I had to rush out to the club right after work in order to make the "tee time".....and  always ordered a cold plate....cold potato salad, cold slaw and cold cuts....hadn't had it in mind when a bought the cold slaw....but after my sit down....needed a snack and had potato salad, and cold cuts already....so assembled a reasonable facsimile of a cold plate....which I enjoyed greatly....and will certainly do again....a perfect meal for a hot/humid summers eve....

No comments:

Post a Comment