Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

[15:30 UTC-4]
[+73*F....cloudy....winds w/s/w@9 mph....humidity: 65%....barometer: steady]
   Didn't stay up last night to take the drop just after mid-night....so one was waiting for me @05:58 when I logged in to play some Poker....just a regular drop....no ad....so took a "chair" at a 1K/.5K table with my usual 125'K max-buy-in....but in the back of my mind I was thinking that I only had 21'K "house money"....and with the way tables have been 4 running "sat down" with the intent to play in ultra-tight mode....but to my great surprise and very greater joy....found myself at a table where small ball was the name of the game....very little pre-flop raises....and when there was a check of the raisers hand revealed a pocket pair or an Ace....if it went to the river....more often than not all the big raiser got was the blinds because the rest of the table folded.....table ranged from a few heads up hands to a table of 6 players....and until the last few hands before I left....other than the aforementioned pre-flop raises....there was only one very short raid by a kamikaze....and I was catching some decent hands....but most pots were blind/small pots....did make one decent pot....had a Nine/Six suited....there was a  min-pre-flop raise from a short visit from an any two carder....I called....flop gave me two pair when there was both a Nine and a Six....in the flop....raiser upped the raise to 2.5'K....but I had top two pair....smooth call....turned the 3rd 9....and the house....raise....call....on the river a blank he checked I min-raised and he called....but right before I left both a major pot pusher with big pre-flop raises and a kamikaze arrived....and the small increase in my stack started to melt away to the blinds and I left....ergo....43 minutes played....58 hands played....43.45 second hands....13 winners....1 out of every 4+ hands played....left with an extra 1,675$....but had a very lucky run at Slots....4 winners out of 5 tries....and won 9,300$.....one of the wins was for 7,500$....
[15:42 UTC-4]
[On Facebook]
"Fall Spades": four games played today....[1]....8 hands played...."we" 577 pts. + 7 bags + 1 made nil bid....vs...."they" 207 pts. + 7 bags + set once....[2]....10 hands played...."we" 525 pts. + 15 bags [-100 pts.] + 1 made nil bid....vs...."they" 263 pts. + 3 bags + set twice....[3]....7 hands played...."we" 525 pts. + 5 bags + 1 made nil bid....vs...."they" 525 pts. + 5 bags + 1 made nil bid....vs...."they" 274 pts. + 4 bags + set once....[4]....6 hands played...."we" 571 pts. + 1  bag + set once + 4 made nil bids....vs...."they" 351 pts. + 11 bags [-100 pts.]....

No comments:

Post a Comment