Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 5, 2019

[20:55 UTC-4]
[+82*F....clear....winds s/s/w@7 mph....relative humidity]
[rain and t-storms predicted from 2 am tomorrow through early evening]
[Now Playing:"Hornblower....Duty"[link]]
   Well the rain and T-storms forecast for today never materialized....just a hot....slightly muggy day....but it gave me a chance to go to Aldi just after 09:00 and pickup just a few things to get me through the weekend....a few things but basically I went on the hunt for the elusive bananas....
  Most of my clothes are long sleeved and fit for Winter weather....but my short sleeve shirts are older and a little ragged....so early this week I got a collar knit at Thrift Store....but wanted just a tee shirt....got two Champion brand tees tonight at Ollie's....have always liked the brand and they were at a great price....and as the Summer is hot already....I think I will need some light clothes....and a package of dried pineapple....I had cut up the last of what I had and added it to my homespun gorp [aka: trail mix]....and then of course I had to pass by Dollar General and heard a small cup of ice cream calling my name....I really don't have the room in my frig for a large container....and rarely eat ice cream except in the heat of Summer....and besides Dollar General is a short walk out the backdoor of my lodgings....
   Did watch some of episode IV of Star Wars....but just wasn't into it....I'll probably watch some of the 3rd place game between England & Sweden tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment