Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

[19:12 UTC-4]
[+84*F....sunny....winds west@5 mph....relative humidity 58%....barometer falling....]
[rain and T-storms to start overnight tonight and continue through Friday morning]
[Now Playing:"2001" soundtrack[link]]
   I'm on a kick lately on movie sound tracks....another hot day here in the Northcountry of New York State....but not humid....so it's quite pleasant....
   Hand intend to make an early night of it last night....and then got involved in a problem in  the FB group where I'm a moderator and never got to bed until 23:30....and then overslept....duh....
   Decided to take a mid morning walk before it got too hot....didn't have anything planned....didn't even take my sling bag but on the way back to my rooms decided that since the forecast is for rain starting over night through Friday morning....and I needed to visit my money at the ATM....so re-routed my direction and went to the ATM....
   I use caraway seeds both in my daily cooking and also when I make refrigerator pickles....pickles as a  general term....sometimes pickles....or radishes....or garlic...et cetera....but was nearly out of caraway seeds....had bought a small jar awhile back at Ollie's and had checked earlier this week and they didn't have anymore....no a big surprise....also T J Maxx....knew I could get them at Price Chopper but knew they as a old saying goes "charge me an arm and a leg"[link]].....now the small jar I had bought at Ollie's was $1.99....but there is a health food store called the Mustard Seed which sells spices and the like in bulk....a fairly long walk on a hot day.....but off I went....and indeed they had the seeds I wanted....bought some in a small plastic bag....about 3 times more than what was in the bottle....for 66 cents....well worth the walk....
   Part of the reason I'm posting earlier than usual tonight is that I have a chip drop on a Poker game I play in a few minutes....and then intend to either walk or just sit out and relax until posting to my other blog[s]....

No comments:

Post a Comment