Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

[21:45 UTC-4]
[+69*F....clear....winds from the south@1 mph....relative humidity 70%]
[Now Playing: Hornblower "The Examination for Lieutenant" [link]]
   Today being a Tuesday I was expecting housekeeping to make an appearance to clean and change the linens....and being Tuesday it was my regular day to go to Big Lots....and needed a few things from Aldi and since they are in the same area decided to "kill to birds with one stone" and go to both in the same walk....didn't pickup anything of any real import at either store....just the normal run of  the mill items for my pantry....which of course included bananas.....
   While washing up some of my kitchen kit I realized I was almost out of dish washing detergent....so took the short walk to Ollie's to get some....after I returned a couple of old friends stopped by....and then later another knock on the door and there stood my nephew Nate....and I knew he had been in the general area but I didn't expect to see him....been a couple of years....he lives in the San Francisco area....works for Google....and he asked if his wife and their 3 little ones could visit....which of course I agreed....the last time I saw them there were just my nephew, his wife and one daughter....who now has been joined by a son and daughter number 2....had a nice visit but before they left wanted a picture of me holding the newest addition....Lydia who's maybe six months [+/-]....while I was holding her and pictures were being taken she discovered my beard....and true to form for kids that age latched on to it and gave it a few yanks....so I maybe a few hairs short of what I had this morning....and enjoyed every yank....although it was unexpected I enjoyed the visit very much....but I do expect that at some point my sister [Nate's mom] will probably post said pictures on FB....
   I had planned to walk this evening but with the visit and trying to get caught back up with my modding and things....was to late to walk....as I prefer not to walk at night because my night vision is not what it used to be....but I give it up gladly....family comes first....and my hairs will grow back [hehe]....I hope [knock wood].... 

No comments:

Post a Comment