Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, July 27, 2019

[22:03 UTC-4]
[+74*F....partly cloudy....winds: south@3 mph....humidity: 74%....barometer: 30.28 ~]
[T-storms isolated/scattered predicted between 07:00 and 14:00 hours Sunday]
[Now Playing: Al Hirt....RCA Victor 45 RPM records [1961-1968][link]]
    I've always enjoyed the jazz trumpet of Al Hirt....and this particular set of recordings pretty closely parallels my time in Jr & Sr High School [1960-1966]....and I listened a lot to WBEN-FM....and at the time they played jazz in the evening hours....[back then the rock music was broadcast on the AM side of the dial]
   Walked this morning....just to walk....and then had a sit down on my folding chair out on the lawns for about 40 minutes a little after 19:00....the was a light breeze and was quite comfortable....but after my walk this morning I looked at the forecast for tomorrow and saw the predicted T-storm for the morning hours into early afternoon....and while making my second meal....finished off all my baby greens and most of my green onions....which are an integral part of my diet....had planned to shop at Aldi tomorrow AM....and rather then wait until the mid to late afternoon and fight the crowds....Sunday is Aldi's busiest day....but if you shop right after they open at 09:00 it's not bad....so decided to go today and beat the crowds which I did....
   Just like yesterday I had the chance for a late chip drop on the free poker game I play online....like yesterday the drop is just before mid-night....so last night....while still debating whether to stay up for it....was playing a game of Klondike[relaxed]double[turn 1] on World of Solitaire....and almost nodded off twice....gave up....and went to bed just after 22:00 hours....never rolled out of bed until after 06:00....usually regardless of when I go to bed I'm up between 05:15 and 05:45....too  many years of punching a clock for a day shift at the factory....guess my body needed it....and tonight after I finish this post I'm off to my nightly shower and then off to the "Land of Nod"[link].... 

No comments:

Post a Comment