Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

[21:17 UTC-4]
[+74*F....partly cloudy....winds s/s/w@7 mph....humidity: 82%....barometer: 29.94 /\ ]
[Now Playing: "Tudor & Renaissance Music" Vol: 2 [1450-1600][link]
   The predicted T-storms and rain never materialized....well that is quite true....they did come but apparently because of a shift in the wind they missed us....passing to the east of us....still a chance that we might catch the edge of the storm....but as of yet have not see any rain or heard any thunder....I've been checking the local radar periodically most of the day....according to the advanced forecast it should be dry with daytime highs in the high 70's or low 80's through Monday....so far it's been a very dry Summer in these parts....although not really overly hot and humid....my body is so used to the other extreme....that being sub-zero temperatures and wind chills that I have never really handle extreme heat  and humidity very well....and with age I handle both extremes with less aplomb then I used to....I'm fond of saying if I could find a climate that was 45* to 65*....24/7/365 & 1/4....I'd move there.....besides I  like sweaters, hoodies & sweatpants....I may not be the snappiest dresser, check that....I'm definitely not the snappiest dresser....but I am comfortable....I'm too old and for that matter too much of a non-conformist, to care if I don't wear the newest styles....I wear what I like....and comfort is the number one concern....check that....the only concern....
   Except for a brief walk in the early evening have spent  the day in my rooms....although did watch more TV than is /usual....USA Network showed 6 hours of NCIS re-runs....and for a change just sat and watch them in my recliner....usually I'll turn the flat screen so I can see it from my computer desk....but not today....besides with the barometric pressure falling earlier in the day as the storm passed us by....my knees and feet were singing their favorite low, off key dirge [aka: they were stiff and sore] as they always do on damp and dreary days....so any extend walking was counter indicated....although on the early side....I'm trying to nod off while writing this post....one last check of the "Farthest Side" and check of e-mail and off to bed....well that's the plan anyways....nite all....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment