Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, August 22, 2019

[17:54 UTC-4]
[+71*F....sunny....winds: w/s/w@11 mph....humidity: 58%....barometer: 29.98" \/ ]
[Now Playing: a "Mozart Mix" link]]
   I've just returned from a leisurely. and very enjoyable walk....very pleasant evening....not too hot....and a nice breeze....there are some benches and a sitting area at the corner of Western Blvd. & Arsenal Street which is the turning point back to my rooms....and just sat there for awhile just enjoying the cool of the day....rather that go straight back to my rooms [by the backdoor]....entered in the lobby and got a cup of toffee coffee which I am enjoying while writing this post....
   Decided I needed a few things from Price Chopper this  morning and left my rooms just after 08:30....they didn't really have some of the root veg I wanted.....but while there spotted some Japanese egg plant....now I love me some egg plant....but I've always used the common [or at least in these parts] purple egg plant....but as I cook for one the size presents a problem....so decided to try some of the Japanese egg plant....I've had it....but never cooked with it before....so chopped some egg plant, some parsnip, green onion, red bell pepper, Hungarian wax pepper with some evoo, and as/usual about half of my very ample spice collection....well not half but several....and some Havarti cheese and a dill weed cheese....also used some mexican oregano, minced Chile de Arbol and chopped dry cilantro [new additions to the collection]....along with the usual spices....and of course the liquid egg white.....and what resulted was one of the better dishes I've made....will definitely be added to the "rota'....
   Have spent the day other than the walks as/usual quietly....online....as/per usual there was nothing on the boob tube with my time although I did watch a re-run of "Pawn Stars" while devouring my egg dish....a small break of chocolate....and some in season fresh black cherries.....and a cherry lemonade sparkling water....even though I may eat quite simply....I eat well....

No comments:

Post a Comment