Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 31, 2019

[19:02 UTC-4]
[+67*F....sunny....winds: w/s/w@5 mph....humidity: 60%....barometer: 30.28" /\]
[Now Playing: Beethoven: "Christ on the Mount of Olives" [link]]
    I had many years ago a CD of the final movement of the above piece...."The Hallelujah" [not to be confused with the one by Handel]....also had a parakeet....actually but the one....who was yellow with grey spots called Stormy....love that piece....she'd hear the orchestra intro and would start with the old head bob routine, and as soon as the choir started sing....she would sing along with it....chirping away....she just went nuts over that piece....
   Stayed in until late after noon....for a change....something[s] to watch on the old boob tube....starting at 10:00...."Star Wars episode I"....then the last 1/2 hour of "From Russia with love"....followed by "The Spy Who Loved Me".....started to watch "Goldfinger" but a combination of being "watched out" and the fact that I needed a few things at Aldi lead to the end of the binge....
   However tomorrow it's back to the same old, same old fare on TV with virtually nothing to watch....I'm not a big fan of "reality shows".....which IMNSHO should be called for the most part "un-reality" shows....If you don't think the most of they aren't staged and scripted than I have stock in the Brooklyn Bridge I can sell you cheap.....
[20:27 UTC-4]
   I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier but the power went off for a several seconds earlier....took a little time to re-set the WiFi....and had to confirm my E mail accounts....got two back but lost one of them....only had one thing on it take was significant.....just the alerts from my Twitter account....which I hardly ever usual anyways....so just shifted the alerts to another account but was a royal pain in the tuckus....didn't lose anything important....dang....&....oy vey....
      

No comments:

Post a Comment