Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 9, 2019

[20:51 UTC-4]
[+67*F....fair....winds: w/s/w@8 mph....humidity: 69%....barometer: 29.74" /\ ]
[Now Playing: J S Bach:"The Complete Liturgical Year in 64 Cantatas....[CD 3/19][link]]
   Except for an early morning walk to Aldi, spent the day very quietly in my rooms....the initial forecast had been for rain and scattered T-storms from mid-afternoon until mid-evening....we got very little rain....and as what has seemed to be a pattern every time this summer scattered T-storms are predicted they seem to have scattered any where but here.....i lived through a micro-burst [link] several years ago and have had my fill of severe weather.....and yet I choose to live in a city that has the name of "Snowtown USA" in their travel brochure ....and the photo on the top of the footer below is not photo shopped....
   Left my rooms before 09:00 so I would get to Aldi just as it was opening....so it was unlikely that it be busy....and  it wasn't....this is cherry season....and cherries are by far my favorite fruit....now they had to day big bags of black cherries....now sometimes you can find a small bag because the bags are open and peeps will make their bag bigger....their sold by weight so  it doesn't matter.....but I live alone....and the big bag some would spoil before i ate them....therefore I acted in reverse of the norm....and moved some out of the bag I chose until there was a reasonable quantity for me....and anyways I have many years of doing many things in reverse of the norm.....I am a bit of a non-conformist....okay....okay....I'm a big time non-conformist....I do and dress as I like even though it may not be the norm or the current style or trend....    

No comments:

Post a Comment