Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 10, 2019

[19:26 UTC-4]
[+67*F....cloudy....winds: west@7 mph....humidity: 69%....barometer: 29.86" /\ ]
[we had some light rain earlier today....and the chance of more on the way....after that clear through Tuesday AM....temperatures in the high 70s*F through Monday]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube [link]]
   Has been a quite comfortable day....I walked just after 08:40....and it was a quite pleasant walk....needed a few things at Price Chopper....although for convenience I've shifted most of my grocery shopping to Aldi....it's right across the street from my rooms....and the prices are lower....but they are things I use for my meals they either don't carry or I would have to buy a bag when all I need is one or two....plus Price Chopper has a more diverse selection of products....needed some red wine vinegar, malt vinegar, a red bell pepper, a couple of Hungarian wax peppers, and a red cabbage....a description I would be willing to debate....I think purple or violet would be a more accurate name....try putting some in an egg white dish....doesn't turn the eggs red....turns them blue....but the other convenient thing about Price Chopper is that they are open 24/7/364....they're closed only 36 hours a year....from Christmas Eve until the morning of the 26th....a few years back when I was doing the "night owl" bit....I would routinely shop after midnight....only shopped during the day if I wanted something from the in-store deli or in-store pharmacy.... it's the closest pharmacy....so it's where my prescriptions are....on my way back to my rooms stopped at Dollar General for some mechanical pencils and some bag clips....but no cup of ice cream just to early in the day for that....
   Other than that early walk have spent the day in my rooms....a very busy day of modding "The Farthest Side".....quite a few new member requests to vet....but also a very good day....except that with the rain and low barometric pressure I've been a little stiff and sore in the knees but I've dealt with the  chronic tendinitis in my knees for going on 57 years now....so I just dealt with it....and moved on....but can't complain....it is after all self-inflected....I played sport with great enthusiasm, and then spent 36 years pounding the cement floors of the factory where I work....so I just deal with it....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment