Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

[18:52 UTC-4]
[+76*F....sunny....winds: north@9....humidity: 46%....barometer: 29.91" /\]
[Now Playing: a Mozart Mix [link]]
   What started out as a very quiet day....turned a little weird....I have a Chrome base....basically it's a Chrome book....masquerading as a desktop....I run not only the Chrome browser but Chrome OS as well....downloaded an up date....every so often I have to re-load an app to play "Fall Spades" which the security protocols wouldn't let me....so had to dig in and change my settings.....decided to walk....pickup a few things at Price Chopper....had a nice walk thinking that the problems of the day were over....got back and discovered that my Facebook account had been hacked and someone has setup a duplicate account....and was sending new friend requests to some of my friends....changed my password....and posted to warn my friends what was going on....Facebook is aware of the problem....but oy vey....what a hassle.....
   Anyways other than that it's been a pretty good day....and I'm totally aware that crap like that happens if you use social media....but the occasional hassles are out weighed by the benefits....so just fix the problem and move on....
   Just got the usual root veg and some red bells and hungarian wax peppers, and a fresh piece of  horseradish root....when I was a kid....my dad's mom....always had horseradish roots drying in her "mudroom" and if serving beef would always make some sauce from scratch....and I'd rather grate a little on a dish then get the pre-prepared kind.....also got some pre-breaded shrimp....and a couple of pre-prepared meals.....for days I just don't feel like cooking from scratch....which I enjoy doing....but there are days....that I'm just not in the mood....

No comments:

Post a Comment