Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

[19:42 UTC-4]
[+73*F....partly cloudy....winds: south@4....humidity: 79%.....barometer: 19.33 \/ ]
[It has rained earlier....and thunder storms, scattered thunder storm and/or rain forecast around mid-night to night and continue in to the evening hours tomorrow]
   My plans to stay up late last night to watch "Contact" came to an abrupt halt 2 hours in to a 3 and a half hour movie....I started nodding off....and decided enough was enough and went to bed....they replayed it today....did watch a little of the part I missed last night....but decided since I've see it multiple times....and I feel like I may call it an earlier night I get my end of the business attended to early....blogs to post to....nightly shower and the taking of my meds....and the possibility of my tradition evening hot chocolate
   I finally found there other day a head of radicchio....which I had been looking for....and was having a private debate with myself....whether it was a lettuce or a cabbage or some high bred between the  two....so googled it....and it's actually neither but a variety of chicory....in fact you can make a coffee substitute from the root of it....but in this case roots were not included....
   Because of the unpredictable weather last week I decided not to take my usual walk to Big Lots....and take advantage of the 10% senior discount  they give on Tuesday....picked up a couple of bottles of old style cane cola....and a couple of spices I was almost out of....didn't spend much....never do....truth be told I almost never go with the intend to buy anything....but things keep coming home with me....the same can be said for my weekly trips to Dollar Tree and T J Maxx....and to some extent Ollie's as well....although at Ollie's are sometimes have something in mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment