Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 24, 2019

[19:52 UTC-4]
[+66*F....partly cloudy....winds: n/n/e@5 mph....humidity: 63%....barometer: 30.24" /\ ]
[Now Playing: "Sink the Bismarck" [link]]
   It was a very pleasant day today....temperatures in the high 60's & lower 70's with a very nice breeze most of the day
   Walked early to Ollie's....just wanted a couple of bags of chips [which I got]....but walked through the clothes department....I had see a lined flannel shirt the other day and decided to check it out....I have several sweaters and hooded sweatshirts....in a variety of levels of warmth....and a heavy winter coat....but not a jacket....and all this particular lined flannel shirt really is is a medium weight jacket with buttons rather then a zipper....not sure of the size....so tried a large on and it was perfect....decided to buy it....but it wouldn't fit in my sling bag....so that the clerk cut the tags off it and wore it back to my rooms....
   Last night I went to make some shrimp salad and realized I was almost out of mayo....and I'm very picky about mayo....I only use "Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayo" which within my walking range Price Chopper is the only store that carries it....so late afternoon....decided to walk....so got the mayo....some more Japanese eggplant. another red bell pepper & a couple of Hungarian wax peppers....while there....
   Made another egg dish with the Japanese eggplant....and parsnips....adjusted the spice selection a little and think I've found the right combination....however....will still probably fiddle with the combination from time to time....but one thing is for sure....Japanese eggplant will be kept in the rotation of veg that I have on hand.....

No comments:

Post a Comment