Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 2, 2019

[19:27 UTC=4]
[+77*F....sunny....winds w/s/w@5 mph....humidity: 44%....barometer: 30.06" \/ ]
[Now Playing: a mixed of choral music from several different periods [link]]
   I spent the afternoon doing a task I have put off far to long...as I live in the residential building of a hotel....what is available to me are mini-refrigerators....I have 3 in my rooms....together maybe the capacity of what used to be called back in the day an apartment size frig....but I should have defrosted them weeks ago....but I had some things I didn't want to sit out....so I did one at a time and moved those items I really needed between the other two....and since the one of the virtues I neither have or desire to have is patience I speed up the process with my handy ice pick....even that being said it took most of the afternoon....every time I vow never to let it get that bad again....well at least until the next time....
   I had one item....a package of pulled pork....that rather than refreeze it figured I better use it up....was the one item I couldn't move to another freezing compartment.....it was stuck in the  ice in the compartment it was in....but decided I needed some rolls or bread....some thing I rarely keep in stock....after trying to find  something I wanted at Dollar General and two convenience stores....was out by Price Chopper and as a last resort....but where I should of gone in the first  place....I got a small boule of crusty bread....but while there I spotted something I've been looking for without success for thee last few weeks....a head of radicchio....and also some Hungarian wax peppers which I had seen when I was there a few days ago and didn't get....so despite the hassle....I'm quite pleased with the result....if not the process....
   I good thing about the defrosting nightmare was the Science Channel was airing 6 episodes of Mythbusters....a show I was sad to see stop production....so I've had a busy day....

No comments:

Post a Comment