Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

[18:45 UTC=4]
[+73*F....cloudy....winds: south@9 mph....humidity: 62%....barometer: 29.89" \/ ]
[rain forecast for the overnight [03:00] through Wednesday afternoon [15:00]....then weather is predicted to be clear  through Sunday]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube[link]]
   Basically just back from a very relaxing earlier evening walk....a very nice southern breeze....Walk right at 09:00 this morning to Big Lots....had not planned on taking the trip this week because really didn't need anything that I usually get there....but discovered I was almost out of dried Chives....which is one of the usual elements of  my rustic egg white dishes....and Bid Lots has a extensive selection at a very decent price....knock an additional 10% off the price on Tuesday ["Wisdom Day" aka. seniors get 10% off day]....also picked up a small jar of artichoke/spinach dip....one of those things that I didn't know I needed until I saw it on a shelf....
   Have spent the day as I often do....except USA network had 9 hours of NCIS re-runs....didn't watch all....but most of them....and BBC has Bond movies on tonight....will only watch the one at 20:00....the rest are on way past my bedtime.....[a brief pause while I take a chip drop on the "free" poker game I play online]
   Housekeeping was in today....I've been having a annual problem with fruit flies [link]]....happens In the late summer months....apparently they often lay their eggs on bananas....now I could I suppose not get bananas during the summer months....but I need the potassium the contain to help less the effects of charley horses [aka: leg cramps} which as a former soccer player/distance run I am prone to....given the choice between fruit flies and bananas....I'll put up with the fruit flies....besides the traps I've made [link] have kept them in check and housekeeping had a spray and removed some with the vacuum cleaner hose....never thought of that....might put a hand-vac on items I may look for.....[now before I write a novella].....nite all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment