Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 25, 2019

[19:27 UTC-4]
[+75*F....fair....winds: n/n/e@6 mph....humidity: 52%....barometer: 30.23" \/]
[Now Playing" "Hornblower" Duty [link]]
   Another very pleasant day today....again....and according to the forecast...weather should be nice through Wednesday when rain is predicted....spent the first couple of hours this morning as I almost always do....play an hour or more of Poker on a free site on line....then head out front to the breakfast buffet and get a yogurt.[black cherry is my fav] & a muffin [corn if possible]....then back to my rooms....add from my "stores" a banana....a granola bar....a bottle of cold bouillon [which I "brew" in a coffee maker] & a glass of veggie juice....a generic V-8....which I get at Dollar General....which I spice up....
   One of the reasons I eat a banana every day is as a former soccer play [mid-field] and distance runner [20Ks & 2 marathons]....I'm prone to leg cramps [aka: charley horses]....and potassium which  bananas have is an element that helps decrease the frequency and severity of the cramps....I've added some Japanese eggplant to my diet....and as often happens....I added it because I enjoy it....but out of curiosity I looked up the nutritional value....and I'll be danged....rich among  other things potassium....and fiber....that is if I leave the skin on....which I have not been doing....but will try them with the skins on tomorrow....the same thing goes for my I use liquid egg white....since I carry all my groceries in a sling bag....fresh eggs....I'm not even going to attempt that....I tried the liquid egg but prefer the taste of the whites....the fact that it's better for me is just  happy accident....
   Except for an early morning walk....and a brief sit-down outside just before I sat down to write this post have spent the day as I often do....quietly in my rooms, online and maybe a little TV....
   I usually don't make a big deal about it and won't now....but much of my increased good health is based on decisions I made 22 months ago on the 25th of October.....not only did I change my diet....but as of today I'm 22 months sober....nite all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment