Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 3, 2019

[21:37 UTC-4]
[+70*F....rain....winds: southwest@1....humidity: 81%....barometer: 29.94 /\ ]
[Now Playing" Britten "Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" [link]]
   It's been an interesting day....first USA aired 6 episodes of NCIS starting  with the first episode....and then followed that with "The Fast and the Furious".....but had been debating whether to take a run over to Aldi today or tomorrow....decided that as much as I enjoy NCIS particularly the older ones....rather than deal with the crowds at Aldi tomorrow....Sunday is their busiest day of the week....made a quick trip over there....now this was before I checked the TV schedule for tomorrow and discovered that short of a disaster I'll probably speed the bulk of tomorrow in my rooms....BBC America starting @09:30 and running through until 20:00 is showing 4 James Bond movies back to back....two w/ Connery & 2 w/ Moore.....let the binging....
   Need just a few things between Ollie's and Dollar General....but trusted my memory rather than checking my pantry.....and as I had put the last of my evoo in to the squeeze bottle I use....I have all my liquids like oil, vinegar, et al in squeeze bottles....with my essential tremors....trying to pour a liquid straight from a bottle and get the amount I want is at the very least a hit or miss proposition....and more often than not it's more miss than hit....it's just easier for me to use the squeeze bottle....and had forgotten I had already bought a new bottle at some unremembered point in the past....that is until I went to put the bottle I bought today away....oy vey....it's not the first time I've pulled that stunt before....and most probably won't be the last....
[Now Playing: Wagner "Tannhauser Overture" [link]]
   Because I use the hunt and peck method to type....I break no records in words per minutes....there are two reasons I like this piece.....actually a lot of the instrumental music composed by Wagner....first....the brass....played French Horn when in high school and secondly it's the music for my fav Bugs Bunny cartoon...."What's Opera Doc" [link]....
   Well  before I end up writing a novella....."That's All Folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment