Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 11, 2019

[21:21 UTC-4]
[+68*F....clear....winds: southwest@8 mph....humidity: 68%....barometer: 29.95" \/ ]
[rain expected in the late evening hours and the morning tomorrow]
[Now Playing: "Hornblower" Loyalty [link]]
   Had a very  enjoyable day....despite getting access to the online free Poker game I play....a typical weekend problem but managed to muddle through and as usual enjoyed the play....also ended up walking twice....mid-morning walk first a quick detour to the ATM to pickup some spending money and then to both "Dollar Tree" and T.J. Maxx....didn't find anything that stuck my fancy at the later....but did find something at "Dollar Tree"....Creole Seasoning....now if used in large amounts you probably could remove rust from a trailer hitch....but used sparingly it added a nice zip to a dish....also a stop at the convenience store for a bottle of water and had a nice conversation with the manager....I've been stopping in there for a few things for 8 years or so....and she's worked there for just about the whole time....
   While making my second meal I realized I was either out of....or nearly out of some of my staple items....so although I was going to wait until the morning....that is until I saw the forecast....and thought better of it and went this afternoon....I usually avoid Aldi on Sundays because it's their busiest day....and if I do go there on Sunday....I usual go first thing in the morning....must of caught a lull because got in and out without a problem....had one of my favorite checkout clerks and again some enjoyable conversation....and then the rest of the day in my rooms....but a very enjoyable day....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment